Toilet Paper Roll
October 12, 2012
How many sheets of toilet paper are on the roll?
- Teacher noteMake guesses. Ask students for numbers that are too low, too high, and actual guesses.
Write them on the board, on pieces of paper, in their notebook, somewhere.
- Teacher noteAsk students to think of information that could be useful in answering the question.
I give you more than enough info here, just in case students ask for it. It's up to them to put a plan in motion.
*Attention: Notice the thickness of one sheet of toilet paper is given in millimeters. You might need to review or have students look up the conversion of millimeters to centimeters or vice versa.
** (Student) Solution is in the Sequel section.
- ImageToilet Paper Roll - Act 2a
- ImageToilet Paper Roll - Act 2b
- ImageToilet Paper Roll - Act 2c
- ImageTP Student Work